Norton is an excellent antivirus application, but we must not neglect that it fetch certain technical complications with time. Norton Error 8504 and 104 are two basic errors that occur both at a time. This occurs when Norton experiences certain security problems or fails to install the application during the updating process. Sometimes, incorrect download or incomplete installation of the Norton application on the device can cause this error. Moreover, this issue appears due to the virus or malware infections that damage Windows system files. Occasionally, other programs that cause interruptions are accidentally deleted as a result of this error. Now you have to resolve this issue as soon as possible. In this context, you will get the necessary troubleshooting process which you can apply if you wish.
Different Methods To Fix Norton Error 8504
Rebooting the system sometimes can fix this issue on your system. So, you need to reboot your device and then check if the problem is there or not. If you find the issue is prevailing, then you need to follow the undermentioned methods that can help you to resolve this glitch.
Method 1 – Update The Graphics Driver
When you see this error code on your system at first you have to check the Graphics driver whether it is updated or not. Sometimes, an outdated graphics driver can cause this issue. So you have to upgrade the graphics driver from time to time. Follow the points mentioned below:
- At first, you have to go to ‘My Computer’, right click on it to open the list. Select the Manage option. Then click on the Device Manager section. Alternatively, press the Windows Home key and S key to open the Search box, type ‘Device Manager’ and then hit the Enter button.
- In the Device Manager window, double click on the Display adapters section. Then right-click on the HD Graphics Card to open the menu.
- From that list, you have to choose the ‘Update Driver Software’ option. Now the system will check the status of your HD Graphics Card which is updated or not.
- If the update is available then click on the Update option. Once it is done, restart your machine and check if the Norton antivirus works properly without any issue.
Method 2 – Reinstall The Norton Antivirus
After updating the graphics driver if the problem still persists, then you can try this method to resolve this issue on your system.
- Firstly, go to the Search box, type Settings and then press the Enter key. Alternatively, press together Windows key + I key to launch the Settings window.
- When the window opens, you have to go to the Apps and Features section.
- In this section, scroll down the page and you will find the Norton application.
- Once you find this application, click on the Uninstall option. After completing the uninstall process, again install it.
Check out how you can install it:
- Open the web browser and type ‘Norton software download’ within the search field and then hit the Enter key.
- In the Norton application download page, you will find the Download option, click on it.
- Once the download completes, install it. To complete the installation process you have to follow the onscreen instructions. Once the installation is done, reboot your system and then check whether the issue has been resolved.
Method 3 – Malware Scan
This is another viable alternative to this issue. If you do not understand how to go about, follow these directions:
- Press the Windows key and S key to open the Search box, type cmd and then right click on the search result to launch the menu list. Select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow to run this command and then press the Enter button.
- Once the scan is done, restart your system and then if the error is still there or not. If it is not fixed, then try to follow the next method.
Method 4 – Update The Operating System
If the previous methods do not help you to resolve this issue, then you can follow the given steps:
- Firstly, go to the Settings window.
- Next, go to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- When it opens, tap on the ‘Update’ section from the left side panel.
- In the right side panel, scroll down the page and find the ‘Check for updates’ option, click on it.
- If the update is available, tap on the ‘Update’ option.
- Once it is done, restart your system and then check if the error persists or not.
We hope the above information is sufficient to resolve Norton Error 8504 on your system. Ensure, while you perform the steps, you do not miss out or skip any. These are proven methods which deliver guaranteed results in no time.