McAfee firewall keeps turning off is one of the most commonly occurring technical problems that are often encountered by numerous Windows users. If you might install the firewall but disable it, then this issue might crop up.
Sometimes, the firewall is not installed but it is available for installation, then this issue might arise. Also, it is possible that the firewall is not installed and is neither available for installation too, then this issue might arise.
If you are a tech-savvy person, then you might perform a few manual tweaks to fix this problem.
Related Querry: How To Turn Off McAfee Firewall
Why Does My McAfee Firewall Keep Turning Off: Effective Solutions to Turn it On
Below discussed are some of the effective tricks that you might apply on your PC to turn on your McAfee firewall.
Step 1: Try to Enable the Firewall Manually
To fix the turning off McAfee firewall issue, try to enable the firewall manually. For that, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, open your McAfee product.
- Sometimes, you might observe the Turn on option, then just turn that on. If you are unable to see the Turn it on option, then select the Navigation option.
- After that, go to the Firewall option and click on the Turn on option.
- Now, you should come back to the main product window.
- Thereafter, make sure that the Firewall is turned on.
- Then, check whether the below-mentioned message box appears or not.
- Check whether the “At-Risk” message still shows or not.
- Also, make sure that the Firewall is turned on.
Sometimes, you might find that the Firewall is still off. In that case, you need to follow Step 2.
Step 2: Run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
To run McAfee Virtual Technician, follow the below steps in the same manner as being discussed here.
- At first, go to the McAfee Consumer Support home page and select the McAfee Virtual Technician option.
- After that, select the Download and Run option and save the mvt.exe file.
- Now, start the MVT and for that, select the mvt.exe option. Even, you might choose the Run option also.
- If the Windows User Account Control asks you to allow MVT to run, then select the Yes option.
- Now, wait until the MVT installs or updates successfully.
- Sometimes, you might find some issues. Then, go to the Autofix option and then follow the prompts to fix the MVT related issues.
- If you have not found any issue, then close the MVT.
- Now, check if the Firewall is on or not. Also, check whether the “At-risk” message still shows or not.
Sometimes, you might find that the Firewall is still off. In that case, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Reinstall your McAfee Software
If you want to reinstall your McAfee Software, then follow the steps mentioned hereunder.
- At first, you need to uninstall your McAfee Software.
- After that, run the Pre-Install tool and for that, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the Pre-install tool and click on the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file.
- Then, read the warning message and select the OK option for changes.
- When the Pre-install Tool completes, select the OK option and followed by the Close option.
- Now, reboot your device and install the McAfee Software again.
- Then, check whether the “At-Risk” message still appears or not. Also, make sure that your Firewall is turned on.
If you find that the Firewall is still off, then contact Technical Support for further assistance.
Step 1: Install the Firewall
To install the Firewall, go through the cited below steps properly.
Option 1: Install the Firewall from the Home tab
To install the firewall, at first, go to the Home tab and then follow the instructions.
- Open your McAfee product and then select the Home tab option.
- If you see the Install button, then click on it.
Option 2: Install the Firewall from Available Features
You might install the firewall from the available features. For that, go through the steps accordingly.
- At first, go to the left of the Firewall and click on the CheckBox option. Now, it will start the installation process.
- Then, wait until the installation is completed successfully. Most of the time, it takes a while to download and install the Firewall products.
- After completing the installation process, just shut down the window and then reboot your device.
- Now, make sure that the Firewall is on. Then, check whether the At-risk message still appears or not.
If you find that the firewall is still off, then go to Step 2 and Step 3 and repeat the same procedure once more.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the McAfee Firewall keeps turning off issue successfully.