Avast is one of the best antivirus solutions for any system to protect it from unwanted threats and it’s completely free to use. However, an issue like the Firewall won’t turn on, is a very common problem that a user might face while using Avast.
Sometimes, it may run into some common problems which might affect the functioning of the Firewall system. Thus, if you note that Avast firewall won’t turn on then you need to follow the steps mentioned here.
How to Fix Avast Firewall Won’t Turn On Problem?
In Windows 10, the built-in Windows Defender might conflict with the Avast firewall program. This may lead to Avast Firewall won’t turn On in Windows 10 issue. You can solve this issue with simple fixes on your Windows OS.
1. Turn Off Windows Firewall
Windows after a recent update come with a more secure update for the Defender program. As you can’t run two Firewalls at the same time you have to turn off the Windows Firewall system before turning on Avast. To turn off Windows Defender, follow the steps given below:
- First, open Control Panel from the Start menu or type “Control panel” in the search bar.
- In Control Panel, open the “System & Security” option.
- Now, search for the “Windows Firewall” option in “System & Security”.
- Thereafter, click “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” and disable the Firewall option in it.
- Click Ok to save changes.
After you disable the Windows built-in Firewall, open Avast and check if you are able to turn On Firewall options.
2. Disable Hardware Firewall
Modem/Router comes with Firewall protection by default. Try disabling them if you are unable to turn on Avast Firewall.
- First, run Command Prompt as administrator by right-clicking on the icon.
- Then, type “ipconfig/all” in the Command Prompt and press enter to display the address of all the connected networks.
- Search for the “Default Gateway” and copy its Router IP address beside it. Copy and paste the IP address in the URL bar of your browser.
- Now, a Wireless Configuration layout will open, navigate to its Advance configuration tab.
Note: The layout for Wireless configuration depends on the router brand. Instead of Advance configuration, it may also be called the “Settings” menu.
- Thereafter, located the Firewall option and click on the icon to disable it.
After the successful configuration of the Firewall, close your browser and run Avast. Check if the Avast firewall not turning On still persist or not.
3. Perform Repair
Performing a repair of the Avast program might solve minor problems that may be interfering with the Firewall program. To perform the repair, follow the steps hereunder:
- Open the Control panel from the Start menu and choose “Programs”.
- In the Programs tab, move to the “Programs and Features” option.
- Now, search for the Avast program and click on the Repair option.
This program will automatically perform a repair check on Avast. If there is any problem with the software, it will fix it and you should be able to turn On the Firewall.
4. Reinstall Avast
Avast may be corrupted and may not be able to function properly if there is a bug or any unwanted files. If none of the solutions provided above solve the Avast Firewall problem then it’s better to reinstall it.
- Open Control Panel and navigate to the “Program and Features” tab.
- Then, choose to completely uninstall the Avast program from it.
- After that, the system may reboot to configure the changes.
- Now, download the latest Avast antivirus software from the web and install it.
- Finally, reboot the system again to save the changes.
Reinstalling Avast software might help fix the Firewall problem. Make sure before opening Avast, your Windows Firewall is turned off. Run the antivirus program to check if the problem is fixed.
With Firewall turned off, the system remains at risk in running into unwanted problems. So, we hope with all the solutions provided above you are able to fix Avast Firewall won’t Turn On issue.