Bitdefender is great security and antivirus application available on PC, Android and Mac. With its complete features, it has some technical errors as well. However, there may be times when users have difficulty while downloading and installing this update on their devices. If you deal with such a problem, then read the article and know the troubleshooting ways to resolve this Bitdefender Error.
This error appears when your system is fully infected with the virus. Sometimes, it happens when you are using the older version of the Operating System. Moreover, when your internet connection is not stable or is weak, then you can face this issue on your system. Let’s have a look below section to know the best troubleshooting hacks.
Effective And Easy Methods To Troubleshoot Bitdefender Update Error
Many users complain that the Bitdefender update has some bugs that force them to stop the update and make the system prone to errors. If you are one of them then immediately solve this issue by applying the methods below. This allows you to fix several bugs while updating the Bitdefender application. In the section below we are going to discuss some easiest methods to resolve this issue.
Method 1 -Make sure Bitdefender update has been properly set up
When you use the Bitdefender antivirus on your system you must properly set up the update during the installation. You can do it via simple steps as mentioned underneath:
- At first, you have to open your Bitdefender application by clicking on the icon.
- In the Bitdefender application window, tap on the Settings section.
- Tap on the Bitdefender’s Update tab from the Settings.
Method 2 – Verify that Bitdefender is not being blocked by the Firewall
Bitdefender is available with its own integrated firewall. To check whether the firewall is set up and performing properly, follow the steps:
- Firstly, go to the Bitdefender Application.
- When the Bitdefender application window opens, tap on the Protection section from the left side menu.
- In the section, navigate to the Firewall tab and then tap on the Settings option.
- When the Firewall Settings page opens, go to the Network Adapters tab.
- Under the Network Adapters tab, you must set to Home/Office network.
- Next, you can see the Stealth Mode page. Tap on the Edit Stealth settings and set it Off, in case, you are still using Firewall tab. Now the Firewall is not there in the Bitdefender application.
Method 3 – Check your Proxy Settings
If you utilize a proxy to connect to the Internet, you must configure Bitdefender perfectly with the accurate Bitdefender proxy settings so that the update works. The application should automatically identify and introduce the existing proxy settings. Therefore, manual configuration is sometimes required. If you do not know how to do this, follow these directions:
- In the beginning, you have to go to the Bitdefender application main window.
- Tap on the Settings section on this window.
- Move the cursor to the Advanced section.
- When that section opens, go to the Proxy usage option, tap on the ‘On’ switch to enable the Proxy.
- Next, click on the manage proxies and then tap on the ‘import proxy settings from the default browser to have Bitdefender automatically detect’ the present user’s proxy settings from the browser.
- Tap on the custom proxy settings and then put the details one by one that the system will ask you.
- Then click on OK to save the settings.
Method 4 – Reinstall The Bitdefender Application
Reinstalling the Bitdefender application can also resolve this issue on your PC.
- From the keyboard press the Windows Home button along with the I key to open the Settings window.
- Go to the Apps and Features section.
- In that section, you will locate the Bitdefender Antivirus application and right click on it to open the menu list.
- Select the Uninstall option from that list.
- Once the process completes, again download it from the official website of Bitdefender Application. When the download is done, install it on your system. Make sure you read the onscreen instructions carefully and complete the installation process. After completing this, restart your system and then check if the Bitdefender works properly without any error.
We hope the above methods will definitely solve the Bitdefender Error on your system. So read these methods carefully and choose the one which best suits your requirement. After performing these steps you will see that the problem has been fixed on your device.