At times, the Bitdefender threat scanner shows a common error message due to the system shutdown. The error denotes the presence of a threat scanner in the form of a .dmp file in the temp folder. Then, the system automatically restarts after a few seconds. In this case, you have to install this antivirus. Nevertheless, many users are unknown to this issue. Therefore, we have provided some effective hacks to resolve Bitdefender error on shutdown. But before that, look at the symptoms and causes of Bitdefender error thoroughly.
Some Reasons behind the Bitdefender Error On Shutdown
The Spybot corrupted file is the main reason for this error. In other cases, the major causes are:
- The Bitdefender error on shutdown arises due to an unethical download or improper installation procedure of the Bitdefender antivirus program.
- The Windows registry might have gone corrupted from a recent Bitdefender antivirus-related change.
- The virus or malware attack has damaged Windows system files or program files which are related to Bitdefender antivirus.
- You mistakenly deleted the program files related to Bitdefender Antivirus.
Signs of the Bitdefender Error
While the system is turned off, you may get an error message like:
‘A problem has occurred in Bitdefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been……investigation of the error.’
- It comes and interrupts the active program window. Also, the device crashes with the error 1017 during running a program.
- Windows responds late to a mouse or a keyboard input. Even, it freezes for a few minutes at a moment.
Easy Ways to Fix Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error on Shutdown Windows 10
According to the users, this is quite an annoying error. We have given some effective measures to resolve the Bitdefender error on shutdown issue without any hesitation.
Method 1: Clean out the System Junk with Disk Cleanup
Over time, your computer stores lots of junk files from usage. To clean them up:
- First of all, tap on the start menu and type ‘command’ in the search box.
- Then, tap and hold Ctrl and Shift at the same time and press the Enter key.
- After that, press ‘Yes’ option.
- In the black box, write ‘cleanmgr’ and hit the Enter key to start calculating how much space you can recover.
- Last, check out the boxes which you need to clean and press ‘OK’.
Method 2: Utilize Windows System Restore to Undo Recent Changes
Windows System Restore process allows you to return back in time. To use System Restore:
- Navigate to the Start button fast.
- In the search box, write ‘System Restore’ and press the Enter button.
- Then, if prompted, provide the administrator passwords.
- After that, go to the given steps in the Wizard to select a restore point.
- Last, restore your system to finish the task.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the Bitdefender Antivirus Program
Moreover, uninstalling and then reinstalling the Bitdefender antivirus program is another solution to the error. So, don’t skip it. Just follow it:
- First of all, open Programs and Features from Control Panel.
- Locate Bitdefender antivirus error associated programs from the given list of Currently Installed Programs.
- Next, go to the Bitdefender antivirus-associated entry option by clicking on it.
- Additionally, hit on the Remove icon on the right side.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen direction to finish the installation entirely.
Step 4: Run Windows System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is an application in Microsoft Windows that can detect and repair system files.
- From your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + X’.
- Then, go to the ‘Command Prompt’ by taping on it and choose ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Write ‘sfc/scannow’ and tap Enter.
- Restart your computer.
- If SFC can’t detect the problem, then go to Safe Mode and run the system file checker again.
We hope that this article helped you to handle Bitdefender error on shutdown. In case you face any issue, try the solutions after some time. Also, share your feedback.