Bitdefender Error 1011 is one of the severe issues for Bitdefender users. While you try to scan your device through the Bitdefender software, you may often get stuck with the unexpected Bitdefender update error code 1011. As a result, you won’t able to disinfect the system viruses which are responsible for corrupting your device.
Significant Reasons behind the Bitfender error 1011
A lot of issues cause the Bitdefender error very often. Without ignoring them, you won’t be able to use it for the scanning purpose and remove the virus issue:
- Improper installation of Bitdefender causes the Bitdefender error 1011.
- Outdated PC drivers sometimes create this kind of annoying issue.
- Many times, corrupted system files become a responsible factor behind this Bitdefender scanning issue.
Fix Bitdefender Update Error Code 1011 With Technical Steps
There are some of the effective steps to fix this annoying issue without any hassle. Moreover, it helps to increase system performance by avoiding possible Bitdefender conflicts.
Uninstall and Reinstall Bitdefender
- Press Windows key from the keyboard and type “Control” in the search box.
- Hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Choose Programs & features from the resultant window and double-tap on it to open.
- Now, click on Uninstall a Program option and you will find a list of installed apps on your system.
- Choose Bitdefender antivirus and the related files and right-click on them.
- Select the option Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
- Next, click on the Yes tab from the resultant dialog box and confirm it. The uninstallation process will take a few times to complete.
- Once done, download and install the Bitdefender antivirus with the latest version. Finally, check whether the Bitdefender error 1011 persists or not.
Update the system drivers
- First, type “devicemngr” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Here, you will get a list of installed hardware. Choose the device category and expand then to get the devices individually.
- Right-click on the device driver and select the option Update Driver.
- It will take a few times to upgrade with the latest version.
- Finally, reboot the system and run the Bitdefender Software to check whether the problem exists or not.
Perform System Restore
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu.
- Type “system restore” in the search box and press the Enter key to launch the System Restore window.
- Here, you are asked to verify your device account. So, you need to enter the correct credentials such as the Admin passcode and ID in the Administrative section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the Wizard and choose a restore point.
- Once done, reboot the system and check whether the Bitdefender Update Error Code 1011 appears or not.
Run the System File Checker
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu.
- In the search box, type “cmd” and find out that specific program from the list.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose the option Run as Administrator.
- Then, it will ask you to enter the administrative details of your System. Enter the correct Admin name and password to open the Command Prompt in Admin mode.
- After that, type the command “sfc/ScanNow” and hit the Enter key to run that command.
- The System File Checker will run and identify the corrupted files on your system. Moreover, it starts to repair if necessary.
Install all the Windows Updates
- Tap on the Start button and type “Update” in the search box.
- Now, Press the Enter key from the keyboard and launch the Windows update Dialog box.
- Here, you can see if any update is available. If any, then tap on the Install Updates button.
- This method will take several minutes to complete the entire updation. When done, perform the System restart program to verify whether Bitdefender error 1011 is resolved.
Perform Disk Cleaning
- Hit the Windows key and click on the Programs.
- Search for the System Tools and open the System Tools section.
- Under it, you can find another tool Disk Cleanup.
- Here, you will get various files and select the Temporary files option from the resultant window.
- Tap the OK button.
- After that, you can see another dialog box and hit Delete Files tab to confirm the junk files remove action.
If you have the problem with the above method, then you can use the steps below.
- Press Windows Key and R from the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box. Type “cmd” in the search box and Press Enter key from keyboard to open the Command Prompt.
- Now, run the command, “c:\windows\SYSTEM32\cleanmgr.exe /drive” to start the cleaning process.
- Double-tap on the Bitdefender icon and launch it.
- Go to the Scan tab or select the option Scan for the virus.
- You can see two different methods such as Quick Scan or Full Scan. You can choose any one of them to start the scanning process.
- The scanning process will take a few minutes to complete and represent the malware infected files on the screen.
- After that, click on the Disinfect tab to kill that malware, spyware, etc.
- Finally, reboot the system and check whether the Bitdefender problem is fixed or not.
Summing It Up
In the above article, we have discussed the Bitdefender Error 1011 with its significant reasons. Moreover, we have also given effective solutions to fix this annoying issue quickly. Not only that but also it enhances the CPU performance. So, we hope this context will be helpful for the Bitdefender users especially the non-tech savvy persons for a quick technical fix.