McAfee antivirus helps to scan your device on a daily basis and it provides your system an overall virus and malware protection and also offers multi-device solution.
Real-time scanning is an important feature of McAfee antivirus which helps in scanning your files immediately. If any kind of malware attacks on your system, then it will block it immediately.
In case, this feature fails to turn on, then the antivirus will unable to scan if you try to access any file or folder, then. Because of that, your existing data will be hampered. Thus, you need to apply solutions that can resolve the McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off at the earliest.
Fix McAfee Real-Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Windows 10
Use the easy methods to fix the problem permanently. Therefore, carefully follow the instructions that are mentioned below.
Solution 1: Enable the Real-Time Scanning
To fix the McAfee keeps turning off error, you need to enable the real-time scanning feature. Thus, for this purpose, you should go through the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, visit the McAfee window to open the Verizon Internet Security and then, select the Turn on option.
- After that, go to the list of the menu and then select the Real-Time Scanning option.
- Thereafter, select the Turn On icon and then go back to the Main Security Center page.
- Now, check whether the Real-Time Scanning remains on or not and then, shut down the Security Center.
Solution 2: Download and Run the Oas-disabled-fix.cmd Utility
To fix McAfee keeps turning off error, download and run the Oas-disabled-fix.cmd Utility. For that, go through the instructions mentioned below.
- At first, visit the official site of McAfee and then download and save the Utility.
- After that, select the Oas-disabled-fix.cmd and then run it on your device.
Solution 3: Run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
To fix this issue, you need to run Mcafee Virtual Technician. It actually fixes many errors related to your software automatically and you can easily download this software.
When the software is downloaded successfully on your system, then you need to run it on your device to get successful results.
Additional Steps for Fixing McAfee Real-time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Issue
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off issue.
- At first, go to the Control Panel and select the “Programs and Features” option.
- After that, run the MCPR Cleanup tool.
- In the end, restart your device and then reinstall the software.
Sometimes, Real-time scanning McAfee won’t say on in the Windows 10, then go through the below-mentioned instructions.
- At first, check the system clock is accurate or not. After that, restart your PC and check whether this problem appears or not.
- There is an alternative option. For that, you need to visit the online account page of the McAfee beforehand. After that, you should download the installer on your device.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you might be able to fix the McAfee Real-time scanning keeps turning off issues.
Frequently Asked Queries Related to the McAfee Real-time Scanning Keeps Turning Off
- How do you stop McAfee Real-Time Scanning?
Ans: If you want to stop McAfee Real-Time scanning, then check out the steps listed below.
- At first, go to the bottom-right corner of your Windows Desktop and click on the McAfee icon.
- After that, go to the Change Settings option and then, select the Real-time scanning option.
- Thereafter, go to the Real-Time Scanning status window and select the Turn off button.
- After that, you need to specify when you want Real-Time Scanning to resume.
- How can you say if McAfee is working?
Ans: To say if McAfee is working or not, follow the guidelines hereunder.
- At first, select the M-shield icon. Sometimes, you might find the McAfee icon is not visible, then click on the Show More Icons key.
- After that, select the Check for Updates option and then, wait until the update process to finish successfully.
At last, a message will appear on the screen of your device and it will confirm you are up to date or not.