When you bought a PC or laptop, sometimes the trial version of McAfee antivirus comes preinstalled in it. If you don’t want to use this particular antivirus due to its trash reputation, slow speed or just because it consumes CPU a lot, then you need to uninstall this application before installing any other antivirus program on your PC.
This is because if your device has McAfee antivirus then you will not be able to run another antivirus on your device because it might conflict with each other.
Uninstalling McAfee is not an easy task to perform. But if you are a tech-savvy person, then you can perform this task easily by applying a few methods.
Probable Methods for How to Uninstall McAfee Windows 10
Below-discussed are some of the effective tricks that you can implement on your own Windows 10 PC to uninstall the McAfee antivirus.
Solution 1: Use Settings to Uninstall McAfee
To uninstall the McAfee antivirus, use the Settings. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, go to the Windows Search Box to enter the Settings.
- After that, go to the Search Result option and click on the Settings option.
- Now, go to the Windows Settings and click on the Apps.
- Thereafter, go to the Search Box and enter McAfee.
- Next, choose the McAfee products which you want to remove and then select the Uninstall option.
- Now, choose the Uninstall option to remove the software.
- Most of the time, Windows might request your permission to continue and then confirm that you want to proceed.
- When Windows uninstall the software, then close the Settings window.
- In the end, restart your device and then check whether the program was uninstalled or not.
Solution 2: Use the McAfee Removal Tool to Uninstall Mcafee
To uninstall McAfee live safe Windows 10, you might take the help of McAfee Removal Tool. Here is how you can use this tool to uninstall McAfee.
- At first, download the McAfee Removal Tool which is called McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR).
- After that, execute the application and for that, select the file.
- Next, choose the “Next” option and then type captcha for some security reasons.
- Thereafter, type the captcha which is displayed there and then choose the “Next” option.
- Now, wait until the McAfee removal tool scans your system completely and it will uninstall them automatically.
- At last, select the “Restart” option. Then reboot your device to remove any residual McAfee files.
Solution 3: Remove McAfee Automatically
If you want to remove McAfee automatically, then check out the steps listed below.
- At first, down the MCPR removal tool and then save the file to your desktop.
- If you open McAfee Application windows, then just close it.
- After that, start the Removal tool and for that, select the MCPR.exe.
- Thereafter, you might be asked to reboot your device and then uninstall your McAfee products. At the time of the uninstallation process, you might notice a red X.
Other Optional Steps
With the help of these steps, you might be able to remove McAfee automatically.
- At first, go to the My Computer option and then click on the Drive C option.
- After that, choose the Program Files option.
- Sometimes, you might look for any McAfee product that remains. Then, just select them and after that, click on the Delete option.
- In the end, you need to shut down My Computer option and other folders also.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you might be able to uninstall McAfee successfully.