Kaspersky internet security helps to protect your device from malware, financial scammers, webcam spices and many other potential threats. Generally, it blocks viruses and unauthorized access to your webcam.
However, there is a fair chance that Kaspersky can start conflicting with other applications. This is where you need to uninstall it. Uninstalling Kaspersky is not at all difficult.
But, you need to remember that after uninstalling this antivirus application, you need to remove all the associated files as well.
Because when you try to install another antivirus software, it might create issues in your device. You might not know how to uninstall Kaspersky, so follow the steps that are mentioned below.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky? Instant Steps to Follow
Below are the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to uninstall the Kaspersky application.
Use Control Panel to Remove Kaspersky
You can remove Kaspersky on your own with the help of the Control Panel. To do that, follow the steps mentioned hereunder.
- At first, open the Run dialog box and tap on the Windows key and R at the same time on the keyboard.
- After that, in the box, enter “appwiz.cpl”.
- Hit the Enter button and then you will see a list of the installed programs.
- Navigate to the “Kaspersky Internet Security 2010” and then for Windows XP double click on the Change or Remove option.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then double-click on the “Change” or “Remove” option.
- Go to the radio button which is labeled as “Complete Uninstall” and then double-click on the Next option.
- Now, you need to tap on the “Remove” button and then wait for a few minutes as this process might take some time to complete.
- When you are asked to reboot the device, then select the Yes option.
Sometimes, you might face an error during the procedure. Then, you can remove Kaspersky products with the help of the Kaspersky Removal Tool.
Use Kaspersky Removal Tool
Use the Kaspersky Removal tool to remove the associated products. Go through the steps cited below.
- First, open the Web browser and then head over to the download page.
- When you are asked to specify a download location, then double-click on the desktop.
- Now, select the “kavremover.exe” file.
- Then, at the top of the window, you will find a string of eight letters and numbers.
- After copying letters, go to the drop-down menu to select the name of the Kaspersky product that you want to remove.
- In the end, double-click on the Remove button.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky Mac: Steps You Need to Apply
If you are using any Mac device and want to uninstall Kaspersky, then perform the following.
- Go to the Toolbar to quit the antivirus.
- After that, navigate to the official website of Kaspersky and download the Kaspersky Uninstall tool.
- Now, hit on the Uninstall button and then enter the password.
- The removal process takes only a few seconds and you will see that it will be uninstalled within less than a minute.
Now, make sure that the antivirus has left no traces on your Mac device. You need to further locate all the hidden service files in the system folders.
Go to the search field, enter the word “Kaspersky” and then locate the leftover files.
For that, select the file that you want to remove and then double-click on the Trash button. Make sure that you remove the files that are related to the Kaspersky.
Uninstall Antivirus With the Help of the App Cleaner and Uninstaller
With the help of the App Cleaner, you can uninstall Kaspersky on your Mac device. For that, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, open the Launch App Cleaner.
- Now, go to the left section of the window to find the Kaspersky app and then tap on the Remove button.
- Finally, you need to confirm the removal.
Hopefully, after applying the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to uninstall Kaspersky easily.