If you want to scan disks or files individually, then the Bitdefender antivirus program might sometimes conflict and restricts you to do so. In such a situation, what you need to do is uninstall the Bitdefender antivirus program.
At the time of removing the Bitdefender application, the users often face common issues. Sometimes, they fail to find a specific uninstall procedure. At other times, they are not able to remove all traces of the program or the removing process gets crashed and you get an error notification.
Apart from this, users often find that the uninstallation process is taking a long period of time and still not finished. So, you need to uninstall it anyhow. If you are not aware of how to uninstall Bitdefender, then you can go through the steps discussed below.
Reliable Methods for How to Uninstall Bitdefender Windows 10:
Use the easy instructions stated below to uninstall Bitdefender successfully. Therefore, carefully follow all the below-mentioned steps.
Solution 1: Use the Total Uninstaller Utility
With the help of the Total Uninstaller, you can uninstall Bitdefender. Here are the steps that you need to follow to uninstall Bitdefender.
- Initially, download and install the Total Uninstaller.
- After that, go to the Bitdefender Total Security option and select the Run Analysis option.
- Next, go to the Complete Uninstall option and then click on the Yes option to begin the removing procedure.
- Thereafter, follow all the on-screen instructions and then just restart your device.
- After that, you need to launch the Total Uninstaller again and then, select the Review all the leftovers option to remove them totally.
After successfully finishing the removal procedure, you will get a message which states “The program has been successfully removed from your PC”.
Solution 2: Uninstall Bitdefender Manually
With the help of the below-mentioned steps, you will be able to uninstall Bitdefender manually.
- At first, go to the bottom left corner of your device and then select the Windows option.
- After that, go to the Menu to select the Programs and Features option.
- Thereafter, go to the list of the Programs and select Uninstall/Change option.
- Now, select the OK option.
- Then, move to the left side of the screen and select the Remove option to begin the removal procedure.
- Next, you need to wait until the removing procedure finishes. Thereafter, select the “Restart My Computer” option.
- Further, restart your PC and then open the Windows Search Box.
- After that, open the Registry Editor of the system and enter “Regedit”.
- Now, you should expand and check the registry keys inside.
- Finally, remove the registry keys which belong to the Bitdefender.
Doing this will probably let you uninstall Bitdefender.
Additional Steps to Uninstall the Bitdefender:
If you want to uninstall Bitdefender, then go through the steps mentioned here.
- First, go to the Start menu and select the Settings option.
- After that, go to the Settings Area and then, select the Apps icon.
- Further, go to the Search Box to find the Bitdefender option and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, confirm your choice by selecting the Uninstall option again.
- After that, go to the Remove option and select any of the options which depend on your situation. Those are “I want to reinstall it” or “I want to permanently remove it”.
Frequently Asked Queries Related to How to Uninstall Bitdefender
- How do you stop Bitdefender from blocking websites?
Ans: Here are the steps that you need to follow to stop Bitdefender from blocking websites.
- At first, open the Bitdefender window and then select the Protection Panel option.
- After that, select the Web Protection Module option.
- Lastly, go to the Settings Tab and select the Whitelist Link option.