McAfee Firewall provides advanced features to monitor the system and prevent possible threats as well. It scans all your incoming and outgoing files and keeps the system files safe.
The firewall in your computer helps you to protect data against unwanted access. However, due to McAfee Firewall Protection sometimes you might fail to access certain specific sites or install some programs.
Further, if you are using Windows 10, then it can conflict with the in-built Windows Defender. But you can disable the protection temporarily to access the content or any application conflict issue.
When Should you Disable the Firewall?
The firewall provides protection against unwanted or not registered networks, but this can be annoying at times. You can disable the firewall program for some specific instances temporarily.
- First, if you are visiting any trusted site that is not registered in the Firewall system.
- If you are installing any packages that required you to disable the Firewall program.
- When the network you are using is not trusted then your antivirus will not allow you to connect to that network.
- Some games require special permission, and you may have to disable the firewall protection from your computer.
If you are facing a similar kind of issue then temporarily disabling the antivirus firewall may help you to solve the problem.
How to Turn Off McAfee Firewall [Windows 10]
To turn off the McAfee Firewall system follow the steps given below:
- Open McAfee antivirus application from the Start menu.
- Then, click on the McAfee Total Protection and open it.
- Thereafter, open the PC security tab and click on the “Real-time scanning” option.
- Now, turn off the real-time security after selecting a particular time limit through which you want to keep the feature disabled.
- After closing the Firewall window, turn off “Schedule Scan” in the “Automatic Updates” tab and click on Close.
Hopefully, the solution provided above will help you to turn off Firewall protection in McAfee antivirus. It is advised to turn On Firewall protection as soon as you are done with the work.
Keeping the Firewall disabled for a long period of time can put the system at higher risk. Otherwise, you can also enable the Windows Defender and completely rely on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to turn your McAfee Firewall on?
To enable the Firewall:
- Open McAfee software.
- Click on the PC security and open Firewall setting.
- Toggle on the Firewall option to enable McAfee antivirus.
2. Do you need an antivirus if you already have Windows Defender?
Windows 10 with the new updates comes with more advance built-in Windows Defender. But it may not be able to protect your web browsing data from unwanted malicious sites. So, it’s better to install additional antivirus software that offers better web protection.
3. Does McAfee slow down your computer?
McAfee uses automatic scanning while you are surfing the internet. So, it may consume too many system files and processes to maintain a smooth operation. Further, a slow processor can slow down your computer.