There are many antivirus software available that interfere with the applications. To overcome this problem you need to disable your antivirus temporarily. But if you are using Bitdefender antivirus, then you will not be able to close this feature with just one click.
You should know that there are a number of applications that you need to close to disable this application completely.
Further, when you try to update the Bitdefender antivirus, it might affect the system’s performance. To fix this problem, you need to turn off the Bitdefender temporarily.
It can be possible that you might not know how to temporarily disable Bitdefender. Then, you need to go through the steps that are mentioned below without any hesitation.
How to Temporarily Turn Off Bitdefender? Steps you need to Perform
To disable Bitdefender fist you need to select the BitDefender and then perform the following steps accordingly.
- At first, the Protection window needs to open.
- Then, go to the Antivirus option and click on the Settings option.
- Head over to the Shield tab and then select the option next to the Bitdefender Shield.
- Now, you will be asked to select either Permanently or the Until System Restart option.
- After selecting your preferred option, click on the OK option. Thus, you will be able to disable Bitdefender until you enable it.
- Next, search the “Drives and Devices” tab to disable the Scan Mapped Network Drives.
- Thereafter, head over to the “Protection and Features” option and then double-click on the Online Threat Prevention module.
- Now, Web Attack Prevention, Fraud Protection, Search Advisor, etc need to turn off and for that click on the Web Protection option.
- Make sure that you turned off the Network Threat Prevention also.
- Now, navigate to the Protection Features option and then turn off Firewall, Antispam, Safe Files, Vulnerability, and the Ransomware Remediation.
- Go to the Privacy screen and click on the Parental Control option.
- Double click on the Parental Control and then select three dots option.
- Now, go to the Devices to uncheck the name of your PC and then double-click on the save option.
- Navigate to the Webcam Protection and Password Manager modules and then click on the off option.
- Finally, head over the Profiles option to turn off the Activate Profiles Automatically and Real-Time Optimization option.
Frequently Asked Queries
How to stop BitDefender from blocking websites?
Here are the steps that you need to perform to stop BitDefender from blocking websites.
- First, open and select the Bitdefender window.
- Then, navigate to the Protection panel and then click on the Web Protection module.
- Go to the Settings tab and then double-click on the Whitelist Link option.
How to whitelist a program in the Bitdefender?
Here are the steps that you need to perform to whitelist a program in the Bitdefender.
- Initially, the Bitdefender window needs to open and then double-click on the Protection Panel.
- Now, you need to select the Web Protection Module.
- After that, navigate to the Settings tab and then double click on the Whitelist Link option.
- In the corresponding field, you need to provide an online application.
- Finally, double-click on the Add option.
How do you allow a program in the Bitdefender?
Sometimes, you need to allow a program in the Bitdefender and for that, go through the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you need to launch the Bitdefender window.
- Go to the upper toolbar and then double-click on the Settings button.
- From the left side of the menu, select the Antivirus option.
- After that, you should click on the Exclusions tab.
- Now, go to the Excluded Processes link to manage the Active Virus Control process exclusions.
- You need to add exclusions and for that perform the following steps:
- Go to the top of the exclusions table and then tap on the Add button.
- After that, select the Browse to find the application that you want to be excluded.
- Now, double-click on the OK option.
- In the end, hold the Allow option and then click on the Add option.
4. How do you add antivirus exceptions?
Here are the steps that you need to perform to add antivirus exceptions.
- First, go to the Start menu and then click on the Settings.
- Navigate to the “Update and Security” option and then double-click on it.
- Next, head over the Windows Security option and click on the Virus and Threat protection.
- Now, double-click on the Manage settings.
- From the Exclusions, select the Add or Remove exclusions.
- Go to the “Add an exclusion” and then choose the files, folders.