Avast is indeed a beneficial antivirus, but owing to its latest updates it can now insert a footer advertisement in the outgoing mails. You may get a message if your Gmail account is protected by the mail shield.
Now, this new feature can be both a benefit as well as annoying. If you want to know how to remove Avast signature from Gmail, then simply disabling the application won’t help.
You need to customize this Avast notification or change the settings in order to disable the Avast signature. Here, you will get complete assistance on how to remove Avast signature from Gmail.
Methods to Disable Avast Email Signature
If you want to stop Avast from adding its signature in your outgoing emails then you will get required steps here. So, take a glance at the steps that are discussed below.
Removing Signature from the Latest Version (Avast 2018)
If you are using the latest version of Avast (2018) then it is quite easy to disable Avast email signature. Simply follow the below guidelines to remove it.
- At first, go to the Windows system tray and double click on the Avast icon to get to the Avast interface. On the other hand, you can also go to the All Programs from the Start menu and then select the Avast option.
- Now, go to the Avast user interface and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Then, search the option “Enable Avast email signature” from the General tab. After that, you need to uncheck the “Avast email signature” option and select Ok to confirm.
- Therefore, you can restart your PC and visit your email account. Now, you will not get any notifications regarding the Avast email signature.
You can also go to the official website and can stop Avast from adding its signature into your outgoing emails.
Removing Signature from the Older Version (Avast 2017)
If you are using the older version of Avast and looking for how to remove Avast signature from Gmail then follow the below steps.
- First, go to the Windows system tray again and double click on the Avast icon to get the Avast interface.
- Otherwise, you can also go to the All Programs section from the start menu and select the Avast option.
- Then, select the option Active Protection by going to the Settings menu. Therefore, go to the Mail Shield row and click on the Customize link.
- Now, select the option “Disable the Avast E-mail Footer Signature”. Then, you need to choose the option Behavior from the Mail Shield Settings.
- Search for the option “Insert note into Clean message” and just disable it.
- Then, select Ok to confirm and reboot your computer.
- Finally, go to your email account for signing in and check for the error. Now, you will not get the Avast signature notification anymore.
Removing Avast Signature Before Avast 2016
If you have Avast software 2016 and want to stop Avast from adding its signature into your outgoing emails then follow the steps given below.
If your email uses the mail shield then you might get the Avast signature notifications regularly. But do not worry, effective hacks are enough to help you get rid of this problem.
Adding the Mail Shield Component
- First of all, you need to add the “Mail Shield Component” and then go to the Start menu.
- Then, select Programs to get to the option “Programs and Features”. Therefore, tap to the Change option to get the Avast Antivirus Setup window.
- Now, select Modify to verify the Mail Shield component.
- Finally, select the Change option and wait for the setup process to get complete.
Now, just erase the email signature from the mail shield.
Changing Settings in The EmailShield.ini File
If you want to know how to remove Avast signature from Gmail then take a glance at these steps.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and select the notepad. Then, select the option ‘Run as administrator’ by right-clicking on the Notepad.
- Then, select File from the Notepad and click on the Open menu. Type the following command there:
For Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10
For Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings \All Users \Application Data \AVAST Software \Avast\EmailShield.ini
- Then you need to search the below rows from that file and change the values to 0.
- Then, go to the File menu and tap the Save option to save the file. Therefore, if it is required you can confirm the Avast dialogue.
Now, you are aware of how to remove Avast signature from Gmail and you can easily fix this issue, irrespective of the application version you are using.