Mcafee promotes its products through pop-up ads. This is quite frustrating as the ads tend to appear anytime while you are using the screen. McAfee has an incorporated program, based on that it pays to everyone who sends a user to their site through Pop-ups.
For every purchase, a user makes on the Mcafee website, the owner of the site is redirected to get some percentage of the share. But, this is more than often used by digital marketers with misleading ads to attract more people.
Thus, before proceeding to know how to get rid of Mcafee pop ups, you need to know how it proves to be harmful to a system.
Why McAfee Ad Pop ups Doesn’t Affect your System?
Most of the site uses adware to show the unwanted ad that pop-ups on the system. Unlike viruses, it doesn’t affect any of your files nor deletes them. But due to its action, your web browser can get affected.
This is because it grants full access to your web browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla. It means that it has the ability to makes changes to the setting of your browser without your consent.
Once the browser settings are modified, it can redirect you to unwanted sites and sometimes it can lead to harmful sites as well. To remove the McAfee pop-ups ad completely, follow the procedure given down below.
How to Stop McAfee pop-ups Ads completely?
If without your knowledge adware gets installed in the system then you cannot remove it by any following standard process. As often these pop-ups do not have an uninstall option. So, the best way to remove adware is through some manual process.
1. Uninstall Suspicious Application
Microsoft Control panel provides an option to Uninstall the application. This is a quick and easy step to clean up dubious or unknown applications.
Removing unwanted apps can protect web browsers from unwanted pop-ups, theft, etc. To uninstall the application from the system follow the steps given below:
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu. Alternatively, you can also open it by typing “control panel” in the search bar.
- Now, in the Control Panel search for the “ Programs “ option and open it.
- A list of the program installed in the system is displayed. Navigate through them and find the unwanted applications
- Then, click on the “Uninstall the application” that does not require or is installed without your knowledge.
After uninstalling, it’s better to reboot your computer. After the successful completion of the process, check if the pop-ups are still showing.
2. Remove Unwanted Schedule Tasks
If the unwanted McAfee ad pop-ups appear automatically after a fixed interval then check the Windows Task Scheduler. In the Windows Task Scheduler, remove all the running tasks created by Adware to get rid of pop-ups. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Then, type “taskschd.msc” and press Enter to open “Task Scheduler Library”.
- Here, you would find all the installed tasks running on the system. Open the Properties by selecting each task.
- Next, click on the Actions tab. If you find anything suspicious remove it from the Task Manager by right-clicking on it.
Note: Don’t remove any tasks if you are not sure about what it does. To know more you can always Google about it.
- Thereafter, repeat the step with other applications too. Once you finish removing all the suspicious activity, close the Task Scheduler window.
If there is any unwanted task listed by Adware then this solution will fix the McAfee pop-up problem.
3. Remove Pop-ups from Web Browser
Due to the browser history or bookmarks, the system can show you pop-up ads on McAfee. The Adware uses history and redirect you to different links and shows you preferential Ads. To stop these for different web browsers follow the steps given below:
To Remove from Internet Explorer:
For removing these unwanted pop-ups from Internet Explorer:
- First, open the setting of Internet Explorer.
- Next, find the “Internet Options” from the drop-down list.
- Thereafter select the Advanced tab and press the Reset button.
- Now, it will open the Reset Internet Explorer dialog box. Check “Delete personal settings” and press the Reset button.
Restart the system, once you successfully complete all the steps and finally open Internet Explorer to implement the changes.
To Remove from Google Chrome:
For removing the pop-up ads from Google Chrome:
- First, open Google Chrome and click on the three-dot menu icon.
- A context menu will pop, select the Extensions tab from the More Tools option.
- From the installed Extensions, select the ones that are “Installed by Enterprise Policy” and uninstall them.
- Now, from the settings menu select the “Advanced settings” option. In the advanced menu, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” option.
- Confirm the changes made by selecting the “RESET” button.
Once you complete the process, pop-up ads will be no longer appear in Google chrome.
To Remove from Firefox:
If your Firefox browser is redirecting you to unknown sites then to clean the browser follow the steps given below:
- First, launch Firefox and find the “Help” option.
- Then, in the Help menu, select “Troubleshooting Information”.
- On the right-hand side, you will find the Refresh Firefox browser option, under Firefox tune-up.
- Now, the browser will automatically start fixing the problem that causes multiple pop-ups.
- Finish the process once complete.
We hope that you are able to get rid of the pop-up ads from the system browser. Alternatively, you can use Adblockers as it blocks ads as well as access to unwanted sites, keeping your internet browsing safe.
Besides, to prevent any adware from accessing the browser setting, try not to access any third-party apps or sites. Also, use the necessary security features to scan for any possible threat regularly.