Malwarebytes has a web protection integration that blocks access to certain websites. It helps your PC against various attacks as it is an anti-malware software.
However, it can be possible that you might encounter several issues with Malwarebytes application. Thus, you need to disable the Malwarebytes temporarily. It can be possible that Malwarebytes can hinder the function of other software installed on the device.
Thus, you need to disable the Malwarebytes software. Often, you might also face the ‘false positive’ situation. Hence, you need to know the potential ways on how to disable Malwarebytes.
How to Turn Off Malwarebytes? Instructions to Follow
In this section, we have discussed the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to turn off the Malwarebytes. Therefore, make sure to perform the steps carefully that are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Disable the Real-Time Protection
Sometimes, you might install Malwarebytes unknowingly. So, if you want to disable the Malwarebytes by disabling real-time protection, here you will find two ways to disable Real-Time protection. You can do this from the system tray.
Disable the Protection from the System Tray
Go through the steps that are cited below to disable the protection from the system tray.
- Go to the System Tray to locate the Malwarebytes icon. Sometimes, you might find that the icon is missing. Then, check whether it is hidden or not with the help of the arrows.
- Next, make sure to right-click on the icon and you will notice that a pop-up menu will appear.
- Next to the “Web Protection” you will find a checkmark and it states that it is On. Make sure to disable that option by clicking on it.
- You will be notified that the “Web Protection is turned off” and you don’t have any checkmark.
Disable the Protection from the Desktop shortcut
Sometimes, you might find that there is no Malwarebytes icon on the system tray. With the help of the desktop shortcut, you can run the program and for that perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the left side of the screen to select the “Settings” option.
- On the top of the screen, you will find tabs and from there click on the “Protection” tab.
- Make sure to change the real-time protection option and then check whether you disabled the web protection or not.
Solution 2: Disable the Potential Threat Protection
Sometimes, Malwarebytes can stop you from running any other application. To get rid of this issue, make sure to disable the threat protection.
Go to the Malwarebytes application and perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the sidebar on the left to enter the “Settings”.
- Head over to the Settings menu to enter the “Protection” tab.
- Make sure to disable the detection of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). If you need to change it, then make sure to click on its current settings.
- If you browse through the internet often then make sure to select the “Ignore detections” option.
Solution 3: Close the Program
If you are working with multiple false positives, then you need to close Malwarebytes. Make sure that you have the program’s icon on the system tray. For that, right-click on the icon and then click on the “Quit Malwarebytes”.
Solution 4: Prevent the Program From Starting Up Automatically
There are many people who prefer to use antivirus during the time of a system scan. Here are the steps that you can implement on your own to prevent Malwarebytes from starting up.
- Go to the sidebar to click on the Settings and then navigate to the Protection tab.
- Next, locate the Startup Options and then make sure to turn off the “Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup” option.
Sometimes, you might find that the system becomes slow while booting up. To get rid of this issue, you need to enable the “Delay Real-Time Protection when Malwarebytes starts” option.
Next, it will also ask you to select how long you would like to delay the feature.
Solution 5: How to Temporarily Disable Malwarebytes from the Taskbar
You can disable the Malware by going to the Taskbar. Now, perform the following steps carefully.
- Navigate to the System Tray on the desktop taskbar to locate the Malwarebytes icon.
- Sometimes, it can be possible that you are unable to find this option. Then, go to the Taskbar, click on the arrow in order to display More Icons.
- Next, make sure to right-click on the icon, followed by the “Filesystem Protection”.
- Again, right-click on the icon and then make sure to choose the “Website Blocking”.
- You need to right-click on the icon the third time. While restarting the computer if you want to prevent the module from reloading, then choose the “Start With Windows “ option.
Solution 6: Disable Malwarebytes from the Application
Here are the steps you can implement to disable the Malwarebytes from the Application.
- Initially, open the Anti-Malware Pro and then click on the “Protection” tab.
- Now, make sure to uncheck the “Enable File System Protection”, followed by the “Enable Malicious Website Blocking” boxes.
- If you want to prevent the module from reloading while restarting the PC, then uncheck the “Start Protection Module With Windows” box.
Hopefully, after performing these solutions successfully, you will be able to know how to disable Malwarebytes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1: How to deactivate the Malwarebytes?
If you don’t know how to deactivate the Malwarebytes, then go through the steps that are mentioned below. First, open the Malwarebytes on your device and then click on the My Account.
Now, make sure to click on the Deactivate License button. After opening the Deactivate License window, click on the Yes button in order to deactivate the Malwarebytes.
2: How to opt for the free Malwarebytes version?
You can opt for the latest version of the Malwarebytes for Windows by performing the following steps. First, open the application on Windows devices to deactivate the Premium Trial of Malwarebytes.
After that, head over to the Settings to click on the Account Details tab. Next, make sure to deactivate the Premium Trial downgrades Malwarebytes to the Free version for Windows.