Kaspersky antiviruses are great for a system as it scans and blocks viruses and unwanted sites from damaging your computer. Furthermore, it also keeps your internet browsing safe with its advanced Firewall protection.
While the recent updates of Windows 10 come with a built-in Windows Defender. Furthermore, a firewall protects your data and it should be always kept enabled for better security of the system. Thus, along with Windows Defender, you can always opt for a third-party antivirus such as Kaspersky.
But if you note that these two applications are conflicting, then you need to know how to Turn Off Kaspersky Firewall.
When Can you Turn the Firewall Program Off?
As mentioned Kaspersky Firewall oneway protects your data by restricting access to unwanted programs. But there are instances where you need to disable the Kaspersky antivirus program temporarily.
- First, if you are visiting any trusted site that is blocked by the firewall program. As there are many sites that are disabled by the Firewall so either you may grant access or disable the Firewall temporarily.
- When you want to install new software or plugin in the system the Firewall may flag a warning. Some software may not be allowed through the Firewall settings, so you need to disable the program before installing them.
- If the antivirus is blocking the network for some reason and causing an issue then disabling it would be a better choice.
- Some games might require you to disable the Firewall program to install them.
How to Disable Kaspersky Firewall?
You can turn off the Firewall protection in Kaspersky very easily, so follow the given procedure to do so.
- First, open the Kaspersky antivirus program installed in the system.
- Next, open the Application Setting windows and click to open it.
- Now, a setting layout will open. Navigate to the Protection tab.
- A list of essential threat protection services will open, find the Firewall program from it and click to disable.
- Thereafter, save and close the Kaspersky antivirus program once you successfully disable the Firewall program.
After you complete the process, you will successfully disable the Firewall from the system. However, the Firewall program is very important for your data protection and disabling it may cause harm to your computer.
It is advised that you turn off the Firewall protection temporarily and turn it back on after your work is completed.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How to turn off Kaspersky in Google Chrome?
To turn off Kaspersky extension in Chrome, follow the given points:
- Open Chrome and click in the upper-right corner for the “More Tools” option.
- Then, open the Extensions tab and search for Kaspersky extension.
- Now, to disable click on the toggle button or else to remove it completely press the “Remove” button.
- Restart the browser to save changes.
2. How to allow a program through Kaspersky antivirus?
To allow a program through Kaspersky security, follow the given steps:
- Open the “Settings” window of Kaspersky antivirus
- Then, in the Settings, open the “Additional section” and click on “Threats and Exclusions”.
- Now, exclude the programs, you want Kaspersky not to detect.
- Save and close the antivirus program.