Norton is one of the most popular security software widely preferred by users. However, with time, you can get various other kinds of services and products like ‘Norton Online Backup, Computer Tune Up, Live Services, Safe Web’ etc. All these products have different features and capabilities on their own. Therefore users can get many services from these products. Despite having so many features in these products. Even then also you can encounter various errors. One such issue that you may face is the Norton Error 3048 3.
Why Does Norton error Occur?
This section will provide various reasons for the occurrence of Norton error 3048 3.
- You can get this issue if there is a temporary problem with the server of Norton antivirus.
- If the ‘Auto Update’ feature within this security software is not working as it should, then also you may come across this glitch.
- When the installation file gets corrupted somehow, then there is a possibility for you to face this error.
In the upcoming section, you will get proven solutions which will help you to troubleshoot this glitch.
Detailed Procedures To Rectify Norton Error 3048 3
In this section of the article, you will get varied solutions which will help you to solve this glitch efficiently and easily.
Avail The Intelligent Updater Module
In order to rectify error 3048 3, download and use the Intelligent Updater module from the official Norton website. Follow the steps below to do it correctly.
- First, go to the official website of Norton. Then navigate to the pages security_response, definitions and lastly to Downloads.
- Within the download page, choose the appropriate system architecture i.e. either 32 or 64 bit. After that, select the correct Norton product and download the required definition executable file.
- When the file gets downloaded on to your system, then go to the location where the file is located. Next, double-click on it to execute the file and next tap on the button ‘Yes’ on the pop up window.
- Reboot your machine after the installation is complete. After that, check if this error is resolved or not.
Execution Of Norton LiveUpdate Application
When you encounter any typical issue with Norton antivirus, then the best way to resolve that error is to execute the application Norton Live Update. You can get this software from the official Norton website.
- First, launch a specific Norton security software, then tap on the option ‘Security’.
- After that, from the bunch of new options on the next window, tap on the option ‘LiveUpdate’
- This will open the new window with the heading ‘Norton LiveUpdate’. As soon as this window appears, you will see that scanning has already started.
- After the scanning process is complete the LiveUpdate application will automatically install any updates that are pending.
- When everything is over, just tap on the button ‘Apply Now’ to confirm all the updates that are pending.
- If the updates fail, then reboot your system and then again repeat the process from the first step.
- At last, restart the system and inspect if you are still getting this error.
Uninstall And Reinstall Norton Security Software
If all the above solutions fail to solve Norton error 3048 3, then uninstall the Norton security software. You will get elaborated steps to uninstall this security software.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + S’ keys simultaneously to launch the search box. Inside that box, type Control Panel.
- From the output of the search, choose the option ‘Control Panel’. This will display the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Within that window, choose the ‘Category’ option from the drop-down list beside the label ‘View by:’. Next, locate and tap on the category option ‘Programs’.
- After that, from the new page that comes up, choose the option ‘Programs and Features’.
- Next, from the list of installed programs, locate and choose the Norton security software that is present on your machine.
- Right-click on the selected software and choose ‘Uninstall’ option from the pop-up option list.
- This will trigger to execute the uninstaller of the Norton security software. Follow the step-by-step instructions within the uninstaller and remove the software.
- After the uninstallation procedure of Norton security software is over, then reboot your machine.
Use A CD To Install Norton Security Software
- At first, insert the CD into the optical drive of your computer. Due to the autoplay feature, the installer will automatically appear.
- After that, follow the information on the screen and install the Norton security software on your PC.
- After the installation is complete, simply restart the machine.