Bitdefender error 1020 is one kind of update error of the security software Bitdefender. Generally, the main cause behind this error is the issue of the internet. Also, there are so many other reasons to get the Bitdefender error 1020. So, let’s discuss the causes of this error because knowing the actual causes will help you stop the error from appearing again. An improper and/or incomplete installation of the Bitdefender antivirus is one of the main reasons behind this error. Also, this error occurs due to corrupted software. Fortunately, there are so many methods to solve the problem.
Fix the Bitdefender Error 1020 with Easy Ways
In this article, we are going to explain the handy ways to solve the error. Hope, you can understand easily. So, follow the instructions and fix the error code 1020 on Bitdefender quickly.
Method 1: Performing a reinstallation of the Windows
This is the first step that you have to try carefully. In this method,
- Firstly, you have to choose the Start button and then, go to the Settings options.
- After that, the window will open, then you need to select the Update and security option and go to Recovery option.
- Next, a new window pops up.
- Now you have to select the Get started option under the Reset option.
Finally, once you have done the above steps, then you have to restart your computer to get the sign in page. Then, you should press and hold down the Shift key while choosing the Power icon. When your computer starts, you have to go to the Troubleshoot option and select the Reset this PC option and then check if the error issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Configure Bitdefender
If the previous method doesn’t give any proper solution then this method is only for you. At first, you have to open Bitdefender and select the settings button. Now, you have to go to the update tab and choose the update location. Then, click the Default option to continue the process. Now, you need to select the firewall option and then you have to go to the settings options in firewall module. Once you have done, open the adapters tab and then need to select network. Now, type to the home/office. Finally, you have to restart the computer and check Bitdefender error 1020 is fixed.
Method 3: Update the drivers
This is another handy method that you need to try. At first, you have to click the Start menu option and then go to the device manager. Now, in the device manager, you need to check one by one for the available updates for the drivers. When the updating process is completed, then you have to restart the system. In this way, you can fix the 1020 error on BitDefender and if the method doesn’t work out, then jump to the next method.
Method 4: Uninstall Antivirus
In this step, you have to press the Windows key and the letter “R” key at the same time. After that, type “control” in the run dialog box and hit the Enter button to continue. Then, you need to open add or remove programs. After that, you have to find for entry of Bitdefender. Once you have done the process, right click on Bitdefender and then need to uninstall the program. Now, check the problem is corrected or not.
Method 5: By repairing the Registry Entries
If still the error exists, then you can fix it by repairing the registry entries. At first, you have to click the Start button and type “cmd” in the search box. Then, you can find the Command Prompt option from the list.
- After that, click on it to open.
- After selecting, a black box with a blinking cursor will open to you.
- In the Command Prompt, you have to type “regedit” and press the enter key.
- In the Registry Editor, need to choose the Error 1020-related key.
- Now, from the File menu, you have to select the Export option.
- Then, in the Save In the list, choose the folder where you would like to save the BitDefender Antivirus backup key.
- Once you have done. in the File Name box, need to type a name for your backup file like “BitDefender Antivirus Backup”.
- After that, in the Export Range box, you have to make sure that the “Selected branch” is selected and then click Save.
After doing all these things, the file is then saved with a .reg file extension. Finally, the registry entries will be repaired and the error issue will be solved.
Method 6 – Uninstall and reinstall the BitDefender Antivirus
If you are still getting error code 1020, then you have to try this common method. We will discuss the method for several operating systems of Windows. Let’s check out the steps for Windows 7, XP, and 8 respectively.
Steps for Windows 7 and Vista
In this step, you have to open Programs and Features option by clicking the Start button. Then follow the steps below.
- Now, select the Control Panel option on the right side menu.
- After that, choose the Programs option to continue.
- Then you have to click Programs and Features option from the list.
- Now, under the column, you need to find the Bitdefender error code 1020-associated program.
Once you have done, you need to select the BitDefender Antivirus-associated entry. After that, on the top of the menu, click the Uninstall button. Finally, you should follow the directions which are showing on the screen to finish the uninstallation. Now, check whether the error is fixed.
Steps for Windows XP
If you are an XP user, then this step is only for you. At first, you have to open the Control Panel by clicking the programs and features option like previous.
- When the control panel will open to you, click the Add or Remove Programs.
- After that, you have to find the Bitdefender under the list of Currently Installed Programs.
- Now, click on the BitDefender Antivirus-associated entry and then on the right side need to select the Remove button.
Once you have done, you should follow the on-screen directions to end the process and check the error is corrected.
Steps for Windows 8
If you are a Windows 8 user, then you should follow the steps carefully. At first, in the bottom left of the screen, you have to hover the cursor for producing the Start Menu image.
- Now Right-Click for bringing up the Start Context Menu.
- Then, you have to select the Programs and Features option.
- Now, similarly, under the name column, need to find Bitdefender error code 1020-associated program
- Then. you have to click on the BitDefender Antivirus-associated entry and after that, click the Uninstall/Change on the top menu ribbon.
After going through the above steps, you should follow the directions which are in display on the screen to end the uninstallation process. Hope, in this way you can easily fix the error issue permanently.
Hopefully, this article can help you to get rid of this error permanently. Read the article first and follow the stops with patience. But the methods don’t work out, then an expert’s help is important for further assistance. For more details, you feel free to ask and leave a message in the comment sections.