Norton error 8506 and 421 Windows 7 arise because of the incomplete installation of the Norton antivirus program. If the registry entries which are related to the Norton antivirus software are damaged or corrupted then also this error might occur.
One of the most common reasons for the occurrence of this error is a virus or malware attack. Sometimes, you might remove the Norton Internet Security-files unintentionally and then this error arises.
When this error occurs, various active programs get crashed and you might notice that your PC crashes very often. Another symptom that you might recognize is that your device gets freeze frequently and Windows begin to run sluggishly. Furthermore, you will also notice that the response of input devices like the keyboard, the mouse becomes quite slow.
Effective Tricks to Fix Norton Internet Security Error 8506 and 421:
Use these easy methods discussed here to fix the Norton Internet Security Error 8506 and 421 permanently. Therefore, carefully follow all the below-mentioned instructions.
Solution 1: Run the Windows System File Checker (“SFC /scannow”)
To fix this issue, you need to run the Windows System File Checker. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, select the Start button.
- After that, go to the Search box and then type “Command”. Then, you should not click on the Enter button.
- Further, press and hold the Ctrl and Shift key at the same time on your keyboard and then, click on the Enter key.
- When you observe a black box with a blinking cursor, then type “SFC /scannow”. Next, click on the Enter button.
- Finally, you need to follow all the on-screen commands for further preferences.
Solution 2: Fix the Registry Entries Associated with this Error
Here are the steps that you need to follow to fix the registry entries that are associated with this particular error.
- At first, select the “Start” button.
- After that, go to the Search Box and then type the “Command”.
- Then, press and hold the Ctrl and Shift key at the same time on your keyboard. Next, click on the Enter key.
- Now, go to the Permission Dialog box and from there, select the Yes option.
- When the black screen opens, type “Regedit” in it and then click on the Enter button.
- Next, go to the Registry Editor to select the portion that you want to back up.
- Now, go to the File menu and select the Export option.
- Then, go to the “Save In” option and select the folder.
- Thereafter, select the File with a file name such as “Norton 360 backup”.
- After that, go to the “Export Range” box and select the “Selected Branch” option.
- Now, go to the. REG FILE EXTENSION to save the file and for that you need to click on the Save option.
- Now, you have a backup of the Norton 360 related registry entry.
Solution 3: Run a Full Malware Scan
Because of malware infection, you might face this error and your system might be damaged in the long run. So removing malware might solve this issue. With the help of the EMSISOFT ANTI MALWARE, you might perform a successful malware scan.
Solution 4: Remove the System Junks
To fix Norton internet security error 8506 and 421, you can opt to remove the system junks. For that, follow the information that is mentioned below.
- At first, select the Start option.
- After that, go to the Search Box and type Command. Thereafter, you should not click on the Enter key.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl and Shift key at the same time on your keyboard. After that, select the Enter button.
- Next, go to the Permission Dialog Box and select the Yes option.
- When the black screen appears, then enter “CLEANMGR” and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, Disk Cleanup will begin to calculate the space occupied by the junk files.
- In the end, go to the Category that you want to delete and choose the boxes. After that, select the OK option.
Solution 5: Update the PC Device Drivers
If your device drivers are not updated, then you might get this error. If you want to update your drivers manually, then it might become problematic for you.
Thus, it is advised to use a driver update tool. With the help of these tools, your device drivers will be updated automatically. This will also make a backup of the old drivers.
Solution 6: Use System Restore
If you want to resolve this Norton Antivirus error, then you can use system restore. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this method properly.
- At first, select the Start button.
- After that, go to the Search Box and then type “SYSTEM RESTORE”. Then, click on the Enter key.
- Thereafter, go to the Result to select the “System Restore” option.
- Now, close a restore point and for that, select the “WIZARD” option.
- Finally, restore your PC.
Solution 7: Run Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
To run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, follow the steps stated hereunder.
- At first, download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and then save the file to the Windows desktop.
- After that, click on the Ctrl and J key at the same time on your keyboard to open the Download option.
- Next, go to the NRnR option and read the license agreement. Now, click on the Agree option.
- Thereafter, go to the Advanced Options and select the Remove Only option.
- Then, go to the Remove option and click on the Restart Now option.
After completing the restart process, follow all the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton products.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you might be able to fix the Norton error 8506 and 421.