McAfee is a well-known antivirus which protects your system from malware and virus. The downloading and installation of McAfee Antivirus is very simple. You don’t require any technical knowledge to install this Antivirus. But sometimes you may face some issues while downloading and installing the McAfee antivirus. You may encounter with the McAfee error 12152 due to the corrupt or missing file. There are some other reasons also which might be responsible for this error to occur. If at any phase, you come across this error in your PC or laptop, then this content is exclusively for you. Here you will get enough solutions to get rid of this complication.
Probable Reasons for the McAfee Error 12152
The most common reasons for the occurrence of this error 12152 are listed below:
- Due to the incomplete download or the installation of McAfee Antivirus.
- Due to the McAfee Antivirus software change, Windows registry might get corrupt.
- Some virus or malware program might corrupt the Windows system file.
- If you have deleted the McAfee Antivirus related files mistakenly.
Proven Ways to Troubleshoot the McAfee Error 12152 With Ease:
If you are encountering McAfee error in your PC, then you don’t have to worry about it. This article will help you how to fix this McAfee error 12152. The following are some easy steps which you can easily follow in order to fix this error.
Fix 1: Ensure Good Internet Connectivity
If slow internet connectivity is the reason behind the occurrence of McAfee error 12152, then go through the below steps:
- First, make sure that your internet is working fine.
- In case, you are not connected with the internet properly you should connect that. After that, reset the browser.
- You have to open Internet Explorer or any other browser as per your choice.
- Select the Tools and then, click on Internet options. After that, you need to click on the connections tab.
- You have to select click Lan settings and after that, select the Advanced tab.
- Give a click on the reset option once the process gets completed. Later, go ahead by downloading and installing that again.
Due to the lack of internet connectivity, sometimes a few files fail to download. You should ensure good internet connectivity in order to download all the files.
Fix 2: Uninstall Security Tool
You can also eliminate this particular error by uninstalling security tool. For doing that, consider the below steps:
- In case, you previously installed a security tool on your system, then try to uninstall it first.
- Click on the Start button in order to get the Menu list.
- You should select the Panel first and then, click the Programs and features option.
- You have to uninstall the security tool Program list.
- From there, select the product and then click on uninstall option in order to remove.
- The uninstallation process takes some times to get completed. Once the process gets completed, you need to reboot your system.
- After that, you have to reinstall the McAfee Antivirus on your computer.
Fix 3: Make Changes in the Registry Keys in Order to Fix McAfee Error 12152
Now, making changes in the registry keys is a very sensitive thing. Make sure you have the back up all the files with you. So, if you make a mistake while going through this procedure, then you will at least not lose your important data and files. You can start the procedure by clicking on the Start option. At the bottom, you will get to see a search panel where you can type anything. There, type Command through the search panel but do not press the Enter button. Then, you have to press down the CTRL and the Shift key on your keyboard at the same time. As soon as you do this, a small dialog box will come up on your screen. You have to give your consent by hitting on the Yes option. A black window will come up on your computer screen and you will get to see a blinking cursor which gets highlighted.
After you have completed the process described above, proceed on with the next steps:
- Type regedit and hit the Enter button.
- You will get to see a Registry Editor window. In that window, you need to select the Error 12152 related key you want as back up.
- Select Export from the File menu option.
- After that, you need to select the folder where you want to save that backup key. And then hit on the Save in option.
- In the File name box, you need to type a name so that you can identify that later.
- You should select the Selected branch in the Export Range box.
- Finally, you have to click on the Save option.
The file with a .reg file extension gets saved. Once you have the backup, you can go ahead and repair the registry keys. This would probably fix the McAfee error 12152.
Fix 4: Run Windows System File Checker
Undoubtedly, this will help to scan and restore the corrupted file in the system. To run the System File Checker, you need to follow the below steps:
- You have to click on the Start button. At the bottom, you will get to see a search panel where you can type anything.
- Type Command through the search panel but do not press the Enter button.
- You have to press down the CTRL and the Shift key on your keyboard at the same time.
- A small dialog box will come up on your screen. You have to give your consent by hitting on the Yes option.
- A black window will come up on your computer screen. There will be a blinking cursor which gets highlighted.
- You have to type sfc/scannow and then, hit the Enter button through the keyboard.
- This will detect the error 12152 in the system file.
- All you need to do is just follow the on-screen instructions after that.
So far, we have discussed the causes of McAfee error 12152 and at the same time, we have also provided some easy steps which will help you in fixing this error. Hopefully, you can solve this error by going through the article. We appreciate your valuable time to read our article.