Bitdefender threat scanner.dmp error is one of the most common technical problems encountered by numerous Windows users. This error usually occurs after updating the operating system.
When your system files get corrupted, then because of this you might face this issue. SpyBot File Issues are another main reason responsible for the occurrence of this error. Thus, you need to apply solutions that can resolve the problem at the earliest.
Also Read: Bitdefender Error On Shutdown
Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error on Shutdown: Tips and Tricks to Apply
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Run the Patch
To fix the Bitdefender threat scanner error message Windows 10, you need to run the Patch. For that, go through the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, you need to check the OS version. After that, open the Run box and for that press and hold the Win and R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, you need to enter winver and then click on the Enter key.
- Now, you should download and run the fixed patch according to your operating system.
Solution 2: Fix Corrupted Files
You can fix the corrupted files with the help of the File Explorer. To use File Explorer, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Initially, go to the bottom left corner to select the Start option and then click on the File Explorer option.
- After that, go to the address bar which is located at the Address bar and then type C:\Program Files (*86)\Spybot – Search and Destroy 2.
- Then, you need to locate the file named SDAV.dll.
- Next, locate the downloaded file and then, choose the Copy option.
- Now, click on the Spybot-Search and Destroy 2 folder and repeat step 2.
- Sometimes, you might see that the file is already present. Then, you should check the size of the file. For that, go to the dll option and click on the Properties option.
- After that, repeat Step 4 and Step 5. Then select the Paste option. After that, click on the “Replace the File in the Destination” option.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Bitdefender Application
Reinstalling Bitdefender might fix your problem of the Bitdefender threat scanner.dmp error. Here are the steps that you need to apply to reinstall the Bitdefender.
- At first, go to the Start menu and click on the Apps and Features option.
- After that, go to the right panel to select the Bitdefender app and then, just uninstall it. After uninstalling the tool, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now, visit the official website of the Bitdefender to re-download the Bitdefender.
- Finally, you need to install it.
Hopefully, with the help of the below-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the Bitdefender threat scanner error on shutdown.