Bitdefender error on shutdown issue mainly arises because of the Spybot’s corrupted file. When the DLL files get corrupted or when you try to update Bitdefender, then this error will arise. Due to this error, your system will become slow and run sluggishly.
When you run Bitdefender on your device, at that time, make sure that the following antivirus programs are not running on your devices, such as Ashampoo, TrustPort, BullGuard, Emsisoft, eScan, G Data, Immunet, and many others.
Some of these antivirus use multiple scan engines of the Bitdefender. Being a common technical problem, it can be easily resolved with a few simple steps.
Possible Ways to Fix Bitdefender Error During Shutdown:
Below discussed solutions will help you to perform the task effortlessly. Just follow all of them accordingly and try not to skip any steps in between.
Solution 1: Fix Corrupted Files
To fix Bitdefender error during shutdown, you need to fix corrupted files. Thus, for fixing the corrupted files, check out the steps listed hereunder.
- At first, go to the bottom left corner to select the Start option and then click on the File Explorer option.
- After that, go to the Address Bar which is on the top of the screen and type C:\Program Files (*86)\Spybot – Search and Destroy 2.
- Thereafter, select the File named SDAV.dll.
- Now, download the file and then locate the file. For that, select the file and then copy it.
- Next, go to the Spybot -Search and Destroy 2 folder and then repeat step 2.
- After that, paste it in the Spybot-Search & Destroy 2 folder.
- Sometimes, you might find that the file is already present and then you need to check the size of the file. To do that, go to the Dll option and then click on the Properties option.
- After selecting the Paste option, then right-click on the “Replace the File in the Destination” option.
Solution 2: Remove and Reinstall the Bitdefender Application
To remove and reinstall the Bitdefender antivirus program, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Initially, download the Trial Bitdefender Removal Tool and then run the application to remove Bitdefender.
- Now, you need to redownload the Bitdefender and then install it.
Solution 3: Run the PATCH
To solve Bitdefender error on shutdown Windows 10 issue, run the PATCH. To run this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, go to the Control Panel and then, select the Program option. After that, click on the Program and Features option.
- Then, you need to locate the “Spybot-Search and Destroy” option.
- Thereafter, go to the Uninstall option and download a fresh copy of the “Spybot-Search and Destroy” software.
- In the end, just install it.
Hopefully, these solutions might help you to fix the Bitdefender error on shutdown.