“RPC server is unavailable” is a critical error message that indicates that the system is having difficulty in communicating with one or more devices or systems through the network that you are using.
When you are using Windows 10, you may receive the Avast “RPC server is unavailable” error message on the screen. As a result, the Avast application stops functioning and after some time the device performs very slow.
This error message mainly appears if there is a problem with the internet connection.
Reasons behind “Avast RPC Server is Unavailable” Error
Listed below are some of the most common causes that might be responsible for the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error.
- An outdated version of the Avast antivirus application
- Windows firewall
- Malware and viruses
- Corrupted or missing registry files
- If the RPC service is stopped running
- Corrupted Avast antivirus application
Avast RPC Server is Unavailable: Effective Fixes
In this segment, we are going to discuss all the possible fixes to resolve this issue on your computer. One of the following fixes should help to overcome the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error. Therefore, follow and implement them exactly as instructed below.
Fix 1 # Check the Network Connection
Incorrect network settings can cause this problem on the device. Therefore, you should check the network connection by following these steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and R key together to launch the Run box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and then click on the OK option or press the Enter button.
- In the Network Connections window, locate the Network connection, right-click on it and then choose Properties.
- When the Properties window opens, go to the “This Connection uses the following items” section and find ‘File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks’ and ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)’ and then tick on them to turn them on.
Fix 2 # Using the Registry Editor
Modifying the Windows registry can help you get rid of the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error on your Windows 10 computer. The following steps will help you.
- Open the Run box, type Regedit and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter key.
- In the Registry Editor window, move to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcSs.
- If the Remote Procedure Call is not set accurately then set it correctly. Locate the Start registry key in the RpcSC folder and double-click on it.
- In the Start edit window, set the Value Data to 2 and then click on the OK option to save the changes.
- After that, go to the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DcomLaunch. If the DCOM Server Process Launcher is not set accurately then correct it by double-clicking on the Start registry key. After that, set the Value data to 2 and then click on the OK option to save the changes.
- Next, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper folder.
- If the RPC Endpoint Mapper is not set correctly then correct it by double-clicking on the Start registry key. Thereafter, set the Value data to 2 and then click on OK.
- Once you are done with these steps, restart your computer and then check if the error message still appears or not.
Fix 3 # Check the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall can also be responsible for the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” issue on the PC. So, you should check the Windows Firewall configuration on your PC. For that,
- Press the Windows and X key at the same time to launch the WinX menu list and then choose Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Windows Firewall section.
- From that section, click on the “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” option on the left panel.
- In the next window, scroll down the page and locate Remote Assistance. After that, tick on it to enable it.
- After performing these steps, reboot your Windows 10 computer and then check if the issue is gone or not.
Fix 4 # Install the Latest Version of the Avast Antivirus Application
An older version of the Avast antivirus application can also cause this error on the device. Therefore, it is important to keep the application up to date. To update it follow the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of the Avast antivirus.
- Look for the latest version of the Avast antivirus application and then download it by clicking on the Download option.
- Once the file is downloaded, install it correctly.
- After installing this application, restart the system and then check if the glitch is solved or not.
Fix 5 # Restart the RPC Service
The “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error message appears if the RPC service has stopped functioning on your device. Therefore, you need to restart the service. Below are certain steps that you can follow.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- When you are in the Services window, scroll down the page and locate the items Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher, and RPC Endpoint Mapper.
- Right-click on them one by one and then set the Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu.
- Once you are done, click on the Apply button and then on OK to save the changes.
Fix 6 # Perform a System Restore
Performing a System Restore can also resolve this error on the PC. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Press the Windows Home button and then click on the Search icon.
- Type System Restore in the Search box and then press the Enter key.
- When the System Restore window opens, click on the Next option.
- In the Next window, choose the restore point and then click on the Next button.
- Check the details and then click on Finish to begin the restoration process.
- After the process completes, reboot the machine.
Fix 7 # Reinstall the Avast Antivirus Application
If none of the above fixes help you then you can try reinstalling the Avast antivirus application on your Windows 10 system to eliminate the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Windows logo key and then click on the Settings icon.
- When the Settings window opens, navigate to the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Avast antivirus application, select it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Once it is uninstalled, try to reinstall it.
- So, go to the Avast official website and download the latest version of the Avast antivirus application.
- After downloading the file, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is complete, restart the Windows 10 system and then check if the issue is solved or not.
These are the fixes following which you can quickly get rid of the “Avast RPC server is unavailable” error on Windows 10.