A McAfee account contains not only your personal information but also information regarding the subscription and renewal period. Thus, it is essential to should keep the McAfee account up-to-date.
However, if the account fails to work appropriately then you need to remove this security software and delete the account. Because working with a faulty account can lead to potential attacks from spyware and can even corrupt softwares.
So, if you want to delete the Mcafee account, then you must know the proper way. For that, you can go through the steps that are mentioned below.
How to Delete McAfee Account: Steps to Follow
Here, we discussed a few simple steps to delete the McAfee account. After applying those steps manually, you will be able to delete your account safely.
- First, you should unsubscribe the account. That will help you to cancel your McAfee account.
- You need to contact service providers (Make sure that you have your state ID or the driving license to confirm your identity).
- Now, you need to uninstall this antivirus software. Sometimes, you might be using an operating system which is an older version. Then, you need to go to the Start menu and double-click on the Control Panel option.
After that, navigate to the “Add/Remove Programs” and click on the “McAfee Security Center” option. Now, tap on the “Change/Remove” button and then follow all the on-screen instructions accordingly.
For Vista User:
If you are using Windows Vista, then go to the Start menu and click on the Search option. Thereafter, go to the “Programs and Features” and double-click on the “McAfee Security Center”. Now tap on the “Uninstall” button and then follow the on-screen instructions properly.
For Mac User:
If you are a Mac device user, double-click on the “Go” button. Then, go to the drop-down menu and select the “Applications” option. Now, highlight the “Applications” option and tap on the “McAfee” icon.
Then, drag the icon to “Trash”. Select the Trash icon and then from the top of the screen click on the “Finder” option. Now, go to the Drop-down menu and click on the “Empty Trash” option.
Using McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool:
With the help of the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, you can delete your McAfee account. For that, you need to download the tool and then save the file on your PC. After that, just run the program.
Then, make sure that you closed all McAfee programs and then select the file to run. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the McAfee programs completely.
In the end, reboot the device to check if you have deleted your McAfee account or not. Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to delete the McAfee account without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1: How to uninstall McAfee forcefully?
Sometimes, you need to uninstall McAfee forcefully. For that, go through the steps cited below:
- Go to the Start menu and then click on the Run option.
- Now, type the following command that includes question mark and then hit the Enter button: “c:\Program Files\Mcafee\Common Framework\frminst.exe” /force uninstall.
- Now, remove the CMA process from memory and for that reboot your PC.
- Finally, you need to complete the file deletion procedure.
2: How to stop McAfee pop-ups?
Here are the steps that you need to perform in order to stop McAfee pop-ups.
- Initially, McAfee SecurityCenter needs to open.
- Then, go to the Common Tasks to click on the Home option.
- From the Security Center Information click on the “Configure” option.
- Head over the Alerts and double-click on the Advanced option.
- Click on the “Informational Alerts” followed by the “Do Not Show Informational Alerts” option.
- In the end, you need to save your changes and for that double-click on the OK option.
3: How to update McAfee after the renewal?
After renewal, you might want to update McAfee. For that, perform the following steps:
- First, sign in to your McAfee account.
- After that, navigate to the My Account page and double-click on the My Account.
- Now, select the Subscriptions and follow the Expired option in order to see your expired subscriptions.
- You can even select the View Active option to check your subscription’s validity.
- Now, search the subscription that you want to renew and then double-click on the Renew option.