While surfing on the internet, Web Shield Protection features by Avast Antivirus helps to protect your computer from downloading any malware which might be harmful to your device.
To keep your device secured, the Web Shield feature should be turned on. But users often encounter that the Avast web shield won’t turn on problem.
Here are a few solutions for resolving the issue.
Reasons for Avast Web Shield Won’t Turn on Problem:
There are several reasons why the Avast shields won’t turn on. Among them, the most vital one is a conflict between the Avast antivirus software and other antivirus software that is installed on your device.
Moreover, if the latest version of the antivirus is not compatible with the Windows operating system, then you might encounter this problem. Apart from that corrupted system files is also responsible for this annoying issue.
Hence, fix the problem as soon as possible. Therefore, get a quick overview of the troubleshooting methods and implement them accordingly.
Easy Methods to Resolve Avast Web Shield Won’t Turn On:
Below are some of the proven solutions for resolving the Avast web shield won’t turn on problem. Hence, follow them.
Fix 1: Restart the Avast Antivirus Service
For any available software on your computer, the backbone is services. Therefore, if the Avast service is corrupted, then it will adversely affect the Avast software.
Therefore, one of the best solutions for this problem is to restart the Avast service and fix it.
- First, launch the Run window by pressing the Win + R key together. Thereafter, type ‘services.msc’ in the Run dialog box and then hit the Enter button to open up the Services window.
- Now, locate the Avast Antivirus software from the services list and right-click on it. Then, choose the Properties option from the list that will appear.
- If you found that the Services is started, then you need to stop it by clicking on the stop button. Or, in case, it is stopped, then proceed for the further steps.
- Next, set the Automatic option under the Avast Antivirus Services section. Then, you need to confirm the yes option that appears in a dialogue box while trying to set up the startup type.
- After that, click on the Start button before closing the window which is available in the middle of the window. Due to this, you might receive a pop-up message as well. To eliminate the error message, apply the below steps.
- Firstly, apply the 1 and 2 steps from the previous section to launch the Avast Antivirus Services window.
- Thereafter, move to the Log On option and then click on the Browse button. Then, type the username of your account under the “Enter the object name to select” box.
- Therefore, click on the Check Name option and wait until the computer finds your name.
- To finish the process, click on the OK button and then type ‘password in the respective field.
Hopefully, now, the Avast antivirus software will open up without showing any error.
Fix 2: Perform an Avast Repair
When you encounter this issue, there is an in-build software that is Avast Repair. This feature will help you to troubleshoot the problem without uninstalling the Avast antivirus software.
A certain number of people solve the same problem by applying this method. Hence, it is recommended that you do not skip this method.
To apply this method, go through the steps mentioned underneath.
- First, click on the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. Thereafter, switch to the ‘View as Category’ option which is located at the top of the right corner of the system screen. Now, scroll down and select the Programs option.
- After that, find out the Avast under the Control Panel section and then click on the Modify or Change option. Immediately the Avast Setup window will appear.
- Now, click on the Repair button and then follow the instructions that will come up on the system screen.
When you are done with these steps, restart the system and check whether you are encountering the error message or not.
Fix 3: Update the Avast Antivirus Software
Web shield won’t turn on problem might appear if you do not use the updated version of the Avast antivirus software.
Hence, it is advisable that update the antivirus software to resolve the problem. To update the antivirus, follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- First, double-click on the Avast antivirus icon from the desktop. Thereafter, move to the Update section in the Avast window and soon you will notice that there are two buttons saying Update.
- One button refers to the update of the virus definitions and the other one is to update the program itself.
- According to the users, updating the program software might help you to solve the problem. But it is recommended to update both the program and the virus definition of the Avast antivirus software.
- Now, click on the Updates button and then apply the on-screen instructions to proceed further. It will then take some time to complete the process.
When the updating process is over, restart the system to launch the updated version of the Avast antivirus software.
Fix 4: Perform a Clean Install of Avast Antivirus
The most promising solution is to uninstall the Avast antivirus software and then reinstall the software to resolve the problem.
Perform this method after applying the above methods. In case the previous methods are failed to resolve the problem, then go for these steps.
- First, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. Now, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Here you will find all the installed software on your device. Then, locate the Avast Antivirus software from the list and right-click on it.
- After that, press the Uninstall option. A confirmation message will appear on the system screen. Then, click on the OK button to proceed further.
- Then it will automatically start to uninstall the software. When the uninstallation process is done, the system will restart automatically.
- In the next step, open a web browser and download the latest version of the Avast antivirus software from the official website.
- Make sure that the latest version is compatible with your device. Now, install the updated version of the software.
After applying these methods you will not get the Avast web shield won’t turn on issue anymore.